Saturday, January 30, 2010

Coffee, Natural History Museum, and a hamburger

I woke up this morning at about 9:30. After my shower and basic morning necessities, I went and grabbed a coffee at the Whole Foods by us. I took the coffee and went and sat in a comfy chair that they have set up by a set of windows that look out onto Kensington High Street/Church Street/St. Mary Abbot's Church. I read the Guardian newspaper, including an article about taking the Crescent Train (the one I take to get down to Clemson when I'm home) to New Orleans and then over to LA. Then on the way back I grabbed the Weekend Edition of the Financial Times (at a cost of 2.50 GBP), recommended by a teacher and interesting to look over.

After that me and my roommate checked out the Natural History Museum, which was pretty neat. It's a huge place, and was packed with people, so we didn't see a ton of it, but we can go back, it's right down the road. Side note, on the way there I saw a really nice Lamborghini, orange with a white stripe down the middle. I looked it up later, and it was the Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 Valentino Balboni, a great looking car if I do say so myself. But here's a picture of the main entrance room for the Museum:


Tonight I went to dinner with my roommate and this girl who lives on the floor above. We went to a hamburger place called Byron's. It was very good.

A few things I should note about London. People here don't walk as fast as I thought they would. But then I walk pretty fast. Also, I learned a few weeks ago, but forgot to put up here, the buses don't wait for you to get a seat and then go, they just go. I got to the top of the stairs and nearly fell backward when the bus started going, a week or two ago. I feel like there are a few more lessons I've learned, but now I can't remember them.

So, that was my Saturday, along with homework and other non exciting things.

No comments:

Post a Comment